Impressive Shilajit Health Benefits and Uses….
Have you heard of Shilajit that is primarily seen in the rocks of the Himalayas? Pure shilajit is mainly used in Ayurvedic medicine and the Shilajit health benefits are well known, offering overall well being.
We all know that men living in the mountains are strong and resilient, but there’s more to this than just the pure mountain air. It’s Shilajit, a tar like product that is naturally found in mountains. Ayurvedic doctors have been using Himalaya Shilajit for hundreds of years for its health benefits.
What is Shilajit?
- Shilajit is formed by the decomposition of plants due to microorganisms. It is a combination of various decomposed plants, herbs, minerals and nutritive elements that are absorbed from the soil.
- It is a brownish black Shilajit resin, a phytocomplex with Fulvic acid as the main active element present in it, around 60% to 80%, along with oligoelements like selenium and humic acid. Fulvic acid acts as a catalyst that transfers nutrients and minerals in the body.
- It is mainly found in the Himalayas, but also in Russia; Tibet; and Afghanistan.
- Shilajit is classified among Ayurvedic herbs, as being a ‘rasayana’ or a tonic for regulating immunity and stress.
So, Let’s Check Out the Amazing Health Benefits of Shilajit!
Research shows the positive effect Shilajit has on your memory! Alzheimer’s affects the brain, leading to problems connected with cognition; thinking; behavior and memory.
- Shilajit powder can prevent and slow down this disorder.
- What is Shilajit used for? The fulvic acid present in it is an antioxidant with anti inflammatory abilities, that increase cognition, as it prevents the deposition of tau protein. Tau proteins are important for your nervous system, but an excess could damage the brain cells.
- By decreasing inflammation, Shilajit is able to treat Alzheimer’s
- Acetylcholine chemical is responsible for memory and other brain activities. The acetylcholine levels decrease with age, but Shilajit can control the enzymes that break acetylcholine.
- In addition, Shilajit contain selenium, which also has anti aging properties.
Detoxification: One of the Top Shilajit Uses
With chemicals present in our food, water and even the air that we breathe, it’s high time for detoxification!
- The fulvic acid and the humic acid present in Shilajit bonds itself to the toxins in the body and eliminates them from the blood.
- It also improves the health of the liver, which improves removal of toxins.
Tip: Take 0.5 grams of Pure Shilajit and mix it in 45 ml of water. Store it in the refrigerator. Take 20 drops every day on an empty stomach.
Though there are no obvious Shilajit side effects, you should not take it raw or unprocessed, as raw Shilajit could contain heavy metal ions; fungus or free radicals. Make sure that it is purified.
Shilajit Supplement For Athletes/BodyBuilders
Shilajit is especially beneficial for body builders!
- Shilajit helps in burning fat and also increases the muscle mass.
- It is seen that Shilajit reduces muscle recovery times by about 50%.
- Anabolism and catabolism are important in muscle growth for athletes and energy is important for these activities. One way of promoting anabolism is through supplements like Shilajit that contain ATP. It is especially beneficial as Shilajit does not have any side effects like other stimulants.
Increasing Testosterone Level/Fertility
Studies show that Shilajit supplements can boost testosterone in healthy men! This is one of the popular Shilajit benefits for men.
- Shilajit extract is a natural booster for testosterone levels in men.
- It also boosts levels of follicle stimulating hormones or FSH.
- It increases testosterone levels by triggering the secretion of hypothalamic as well as pituitary hormone.
- It also increases the seminiferous layers in the testes, whereas the fulvic acid increases the TSH levels, which boosts testosterone levels.
- Shilajit also increases sperm count and semen volume in men.
Panacea for High Altitude Problems
People living in areas of high altitude have problems related to body ache; appetite loss; lethargy; dementia; fatigue; insomnia; pulmonary and cerebral edema; mountain sickness and so on.
- Adding Shilajit to your diet can help avoid sickness connected with high altitude.
- It helps the body in absorption of nutrients for fighting fatigue and tiredness and helps it to handle the stress of altitudes by regulation of the immune system.
- Shilajit improves the oxygen carrying capacities of blood, regulates blood circulation, helps in purification of blood, thereby maintaining oxygen levels in hypoxic patients.
- It can also be used for tackling carbon dioxide poisoning in such altitudes.
- It acts as an adaptogenic agent and prevents mountain sickness, dehydration, dizziness, edema, dyspnea, palpitation, dizziness and other problems associated with high altitudes.
Shilajit Acts as an Anti-Ageing Agent
- Shilajit prevents or postpones the appearance of wrinkles; scars; blemishes and other signs of old age on the skin.
- It has antioxidant properties, so it slows down oxidation and thus, the overall ageing process.
- Humic acid in it improves blood circulation, which keeps the body free of wrinkles.
- It is an antitoxin and removes toxins, thereby nourishing the cells and enabling them to stay healthier for a longer time.
- It contains rare minerals that don’t normally occur in the food or fruits that we eat.
Shilajit Benefits for Females
It is beneficial for overall women’s health.
- Shilajit supplement is useful for weak bones in women, as it is a strong calcium
- It is also useful for mitigating premenstrual syndromes and providing relief from menstrual problems.
- It helps in regulating and maintaining a normal menstrual cycle in women.
Shilajit can be a remedy for arthritis!
- The minerals like cuprum; nickel; manganese and strontium can help in making the bones as well as joints stronger.
- These minerals also improve resilience against different types of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Magnesium in Shilajit can work against chronic inflammation.
- Its potassium content helps towards healthy bone density, by retaining the calcium within the bones.
Take best Shilajit or pure Shilajit along with ginger and turmeric in order to enhance the effectiveness against arthritis. Reduce inflammation by mixing Shilajit with skin cream in the ratio of 1:3 and applying it to the inflamed areas.
Managing Diabetes Through Shilajit
- Shilajit contains more than 85 ionic minerals.
- Fulvic acid can remove free radicals and is a strong antioxidant.
- It removes the damage done to pancreatic cells caused by free radicals. It is this damage that is a major cause of diabetes, as the pancreas is not able to secrete insulin and cannot filter toxins in the urine properly.
- When you take Shilajit, the pancreas is able to release the insulin better and also filter the toxins from the body.
- It helps diabetes patients to regulate blood sugar levels and improves glucose metabolism in their bodies.
It is important to know about Shilajit dosage. Begin with 100 mg a day mixed with water. Increase this amount gradually to a small pea size. (Total recommended dose per day is 300 to 500 mg)
Anaemia and Immunity
Anaemia is a very common problem all over the world, with many people having low hb, and not enough blood cells in their body for carrying oxygen. The main cause of anaemia is lack of iron.
- Shilajit contains fulvic acid and some trace minerals that enhance the capacity of the red blood cells to carry oxygen, thereby enhancing iron levels.
- It is a strong antioxidant.
- All of us have some harmful molecules in our body, known as free radicals. These can damage our cells and also cause several types of cancers.
- Fulvic acid present in Shilajit neutralizes the free radicals and protects us from dangerous diseases.
Tip: A higher concentration of Shilajit offers more protection from free radicals.
Amazing Shilajit Wrap Up
When you consider health supplements for your body, a gooey tar like substance seems to be furthest from the mind. But it shouldn’t be. Because this tar like substance, Shilajit, is an excellent, ancient herb that offers a host of health benefits.
Shilajit is an ancient medication used in Ayurveda, offering a 5000-year-old means of preventing and treating diseases in India, and still being practiced in several Asian countries.
How long does it take for Shilajit to work? In most cases, people feel rejuvenated and energetic within ten days, but best benefits can be obtained by taking it regularly for about six to eight weeks.
Yes, it does look odd in appearance, but don’t write it off yet! There’s a lot of research being done on its benefits for the entire body! People in Nepal mix Shilajit with milk and give it to their children for breakfast and Sherpas are known to take the supplement regularly.
Do you take any supplements for general health and improvement of energy levels? How about trying Shilajit supplements, as it can offer you all the above benefits in a single fell swoop? So, is it time to add Shilajit to your cart?