Which are the Best Furniture Manufacturers in USA? Here’s a List of Top 10 Furniture Companies in US.
As far as the furniture sales in US is concerned, it is a huge, thriving market led by famous furniture makers. Furniture manufacturing in United States consists of an extensive catalog, including the top 10 furniture manufacturers in USA.
Some manufacturers are not brands, but designer ones in the US, one of the largest furniture markets in the world. All of them, however, offer good value for money with top quality and durable material.
The top furniture companies offer a range of furniture, such as sofas and couches, wardrobes and armchairs and all other furniture you would need for your living room, bedroom etc.
So, without much ado, let’s check out the top 10 furniture brands in the USA. Apart from these, we also have others like the world’s largest furniture retailer, IKEA.
Top 10 Furniture Manufacturers in USA
Ashley Furniture Industries, Founded in 1945, Chicago
- It has its headquarters in Arcadia, Wisconsin.
- They specialize in tables and in wall systems.
- As for the furniture market in US, Ashley Industries offer furniture for living, dining, bedroom, office, entertainment and several other home furnishings.
- There are over 800 Ashley Furniture Home stores all over North America where they only sell their branded products. In addition, their furniture is sold in 20,000 stores.
- Their plants are located in the United States as well as all over the world.
Bernhardt, Founded in 1889, North Carolina
It is considered among the American signature furniture brands and one of the most elegant and reasonably priced furniture available. It still remains a family company and is among the oldest furniture manufacturers in the USA.
- They produce Americas best furniture, trendy and modern with a broad range of sleek and sophisticated pieces available in neutral tones with elegant upholstery.
- Their designs are timeless and relevant, becoming trendsetters. J.M. Bernhardt began by building furniture using the oak trees native to North Carolina, producing durable and top-quality furniture.
- Bernhardt have their roots in North Carolina, where there are over 10 manufacturing units with a huge showroom of 75,000 square feet.
- They excel in sectionals; couches and loveseats.
Note: Bernhardt is well known for its commitment to environmental friendly practices and promotion of fair labor.
They are a residential furniture manufacturer and you can find a local dealer near your location by visiting their dealer locator pages.
Hooker Furniture, Founded in 1925, Martinsville, Va
Hooker Furniture is one of the largest furniture companies in the USA and is known for making stylish and is among the high-end furniture brands in the US and among the well known international furniture companies.
- They manufacture their upholstery in Bedford, Va and also in Hickory, North Carolina. Additionally, they also import furniture from factories spread in Asia, Mexico and in Central America.
Note: Hooker has been listed in NASDAQ’s Global Select Market and been a consistent leader in quality, performance and sales.
- It is known for offering fine furniture in the price range of medium to upper medium.
- One of their collections, the Hooker Furniture Sanctuary Collection is a blend of casual modern finish with ornate facets,which has been highly successful.
- Hooker furniture offer home and office furniture, including file cabinets, security drawers in a good finish using good quality natural materials.
- They are also part of the office furniture industry and you can buy them at local furniture shops located all over the country. Additionally, you can also buy them from Wayfair, one of the top online furniture retailers with free shipping.
Hooker Furniture is among the best American made furniture and also showcases its latest designs to wholesalers in the High Point Furniture Market every year.
Herman Miller, Founded in 1905, Zeeland, Michigan
Herman Miller is an American furniture manufacturing company offering office furniture and equipment.
Note: This major American furniture brand created the office cubicle or Action Office II in the year 1968.
- The name Herman Miller is synonymous with modern furniture, as they work with some of the top designers of the world, legendary George Nelson, Charles, Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi amongst others.
- The company offers home and office furniture with workspace accessories, both classic and new design. In addition, there are furnishings for healthcare sector and related technologies and education sector. Products include office chairs, lounge setting and living room furniture, workstations, benching, desks, conference tables, storage, room dividers, all tables, bedroom furniture, lounge chairs and accessories like decor and lighting.
Tip: They are especially well renowned for their office chairs, such as the Aeron Chair!
Century, Founded in 1947, Hickory, North Carolina
Century furniture is one of the largest furniture manufacturers and retailers in the USA and is a privately-owned company manufacturing high end residential indoor and outdoor furniture.
- They are one of the leading domestic furniture manufacturers and offer wooden and upholstered furniture for bedrooms, dining rooms in both traditional and contemporary styles.
- Their upholstery factories are located in Hickory, North Carolina.
- They have an 85,000 sq feet showroom in High Point, North Carolina, where they hold home furnishing market twice a year. In addition, they have showrooms all over the US in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Los Angeles among others.
- Their portfolio consists of living, bedroom and dining room furniture, outdoors, home entertainment and office and offer the best furniture for the money.
- They have stools, beds, bookcases, chairs, chaises, consoles, credenzas, dining tables and chairs, dressers, Ottomans, outdoor benches and chaises, etc. as well as accessories like Lighting and Mirrors and outdoor garden accessories.
You can buy it directly from dealers across the world, just by entering your zip code to find the nearest dealer or buy it online!
Tip: You can even subscribe to furniture manufacturer’s mailing lists in order to know the latest clearance products, new products, design tips etc.
Baker, Founded in 1890, Grand Rapids, Michigan
While discussing the best furniture company in US, Baker, along with the Milling Road furniture brand, is a luxury brand in the US, which has been around for more than a hundred years. In 2006, they moved their manufacturing plant to High Point, North Carolina.
- Baker has 18 company owned showrooms in North America and in Paris and London as well. In addition, there are many exclusive showrooms, luxury furniture retailers as well as design boutiques in more than 40 countries all over the world.
- In the beginning, they focused on 18th Century, Scottish and English type of furniture, but the company has evolved over the years to be a very successful high end manufacturer of high end upholstered furniture and accent pieces supplying homes all over the country.
- Baker have an appealing combination of forward moving designs and antique furniture, though there are many followers of their formal traditional looks.
- Some of their popular furniture styles are Far East Collection; Danish Modern Baker; Milling Road label (which is less expensive); and Charleston Collection; among others.
Baker produces upscale furniture and is generally patronised only by high end clients.
Note: A few years back, Baker Furniture made it to the headlines, when it customized chairs for the White House State Dining Room. Also, their furniture can be seen in the Oscar green room amongst others.
La-Z-Boy, Founded in 1927, Monroe, Michigan
La-Z-Boy are the 2nd largest household furniture manufacturers in the United States and not lazy by any means! 😃 offering the best value furniture.
- It was founded in the name of Floral City Furniture and incorporated as La-Z-Boy Chair company in the year 1941.
- They are known for their upholstered furniture. It is a world leader in producing reclining chairs and sells its furniture to retailers all over the country and also directly to customers in the US, Canada as well as 60 other countries all over the world.
- La-Z-Boy manufacture as well as import affordable furniture like recliners, sofas, chairs, modulars, sleeper sofas, etc. and sell it through their dealers as well as franchisees and their own dedicated stores.
- They are among the best sofa brands. You can go with the classic style of furniture or the latest trends, as La-Z-Boy has all of them covered right from sofas to accessories.
- Classics are available in rich wood, sophisticated silhouettes and elegant fabrics. Alternately, the Modern Retreat line offers streamlined styles with an urban touch, if you want a trendy and comfortable combination.
You can also check their Sale items on their website! You can also book a free design service, where you will get a free consultation with expert designers guiding you!
Crate and Barrel, Founded in 1962, Chicago
Crate and Barrel are known for their contemporary, modern furniture as well as homeware and decor. Their designs are exclusive and of high quality in a timeless style. They are currently leaders in offering exclusive furniture and houseware and have the best quality furniture stores.
- They also offer an aesthetic store experience along with engaging with customers online through social media and mobile shopping.
- Crate and Barrel furniture is tasteful but inexpensive. They began by importing pleasing inventory items, such as copper pots, glassware, dinnerware that they bought from other factories in Europe. Next, came the furniture business in Boston in 1971. They opened with a unique collection of upholstered furniture, which was immediately successful!
- They have now expanded internationally, to Canada, South America and the Asian market.
Note: Crate and Barrel has more than 100 stores, franchise partners all over the world in 9 countries.
Hickory White, Founded in 1985, Hickory, North Carolina
If you are looking for quality furniture in US that you can customize, Hickory White is the furniture manufacturer for you as it is a designer furniture brand.
- They have an amazing collection of more than 60 customized finishes with over 750 fabric options and 350 distinctive items.
- Each of their pieces is painstakingly handcrafted in their factory. You can pick items from their catalog or custom order a current factory product and access specially ordered designs.
- Hickory White have evolved with an award-winning lineup of wood as well as upholstered furniture. They produce living room, dining room, kitchen furniture, benches, bookcases, cabinets, chairs, chests, dressers, desks, beds, loveseats, and accessories like Mirrors and Nightstands as well.
Aspen Home, Founded in 1990s, Phoenix, Arizona
Aspen Home is renowned for its stylish, functional furniture for homes and offices. It has its warehouses in Phoenix with some warehouses and operations in Asia as well.
- They manufacture furniture for bedrooms, offices, entertainment, dining etc.
- The range showcases 18th century English designs with the clear-cut lines of Shaker furniture, resulting in elegant looks, typical of current American furniture.
Note: Aspen Home have beds using the JustRight Mattress Height system, where you can adjust the height of the bed to accommodate mattresses of different thicknesses.
- You can find different styles, ranging room contemporary to traditional, from American country style designs to blended transitional looks.
Wrap Up – Top 10 Furniture Companies in USA
The furniture market in the US is a hundred billion dollar one and there are as many brands as there are leaves in the trees of your yard. But these are among the best US furniture manufacturers list.
Apart from these top 10 furniture manufacturers in the US, there are several others. It is rather difficult to choose the best one for your home furniture needs. You have to balance between quality and your budget. For this, you will need proper information. Use the above to make an informed choice.
Remember: you must emphasize on the material that is used, the size and the shape of the finished product, the price, color, the versatility of the furniture, its features and weight to make a proper judgment.